1. The graph below shows the number of oversea visitors who came to the UK for different purposes between 1989 and 2009.(19/06/2014)
The line chart shows the number of overseas visitors who came to the UK for different purposes between 1989 to 2009.
It is notably that people traveling to UK in holiday occupied a dominant place, compared with other two (for business and for visiting friends or relatives), which were over 6 million throughout the time. In detail, Starting at about 7 million in 1989, the visitors to UK then showed an exponential increase to an acme at 9 million in 1997, where it lost its momentum, dipping below a little, before it finally rebound to nearly 10 million in 2009.
Meanwhile, business and friends-visiting trip to UK shared much in common with each other, ascending from 3 million and 5 million to 6 million and 8 million respectively, in this two decades, during which period, year of 1993 and 2003 welcomed the same number of people going for those two purposes.
1. In some countries, secondary schools aim to provide a general education across a range of subjects. In others，children focus on a narrow range of subjects related to a particular career. Which do you think is appropriate in today’s world?(08/10/2015)
——本题来源雅思写作真题task2 2015-10-8 题目+思路+范文
In some countries, secondary schools aim to provide a general education across a range of subjects. In others，children focus on a narrow range of subjects related to a particular career. Which do you think is appropriate in today’s world?
Education is one of the key words of our time，however, people have been debating, for many years, about the perfect standard of education. People’s views differ greatly in whether or not specialist is superior to generalist. To voice my opinion, in comparison with solely imparting career-related knowledge, to provide students with a rich variety of subjects deserves more praises.
1. …… is superior to …… v优越于……
2. deserves more praises v更加值得赞美
Indeed，I have to concede that acquiring career-oriented knowledge and job-related skills is never without its merits. For a start, one can have more opportunities of securing a decent job with promising future if he or she can excel in one specific field. From our lives, it is easy to find some examples to prove that those graduates coming from vocational training schools are more easily to get a reasonable career. Also, one’s time and energy is limited，therefore, as a proverb goes, Jack-of-all-trades is master of none.
1. is never without its merits 远非没有其利好
2. secure a decent job with promising future 找到体面的有前途的工作
3. excel in one specific field 精通于一个特殊的领域
However，I want to rebut that specialized education is not universally suitable for the vast majority of students. Conversely, a person who has studied a wide range of subjects could，to a larger extent，realize his or her all-round development. More precisely, people will enlarge their scope of knowledge and broaden their mental horizons. Another convincing argument is that the cultivations of a variety of competences could help one make full preparations for work in different fields，by contrast，a man who just zero in on the subjects he or she takes interest in will have to face more risks of unemployment triggered by a single career choice
1. is not universally suitable for v不是普遍适合……
2. realize his or her all-round development. v实现全面的发展
3. have to face more risks of unemployment triggered by a single career choice v面对单一职业选择带来的失业的风险
尾段：再次亮明观点 + 总结理由
In closing，I re-affirm my conviction that compared with focusing on career-oriented courses，taking various courses is more feasible and rational because it helps students realize comprehensive development and foster more personal talents. Further, our society need talents with a wealth of knowledge, so, a person who study many courses will enhance the competitiveness in the future job-seeking.
1. is more feasible and rational 更加的可行和理性
2. enhance the competitiveness in the future job-seeking. 提高未来择业的竞争力